Friday, October 17, 2014

Ukraine's lost children


Bob and I sitting together watching the video I have posted below. The reality that orphan children face in Odessa, Ukraine everyday. This is the place we will adopt from next. God is calling us here...to teenage boys who are praying for a family. A prayer I am sure they can not fathom will be answered.

As we listened to the the last 90 seconds of this video, to the heartfelt words spoke by an orphaned boy now living on the street, well actually, under the street. We were both broken once more for the fatherless of our world. His words pierced our hearts like a dagger.

He starts with "When I was 3 months old my mother abandon me in the maternity clinic. I don't really want to talk about it." He goes on to say that strangers named him, not his parents. "His life was going from orphanage to orphanage to orphanage. That's my life so far. Orphanage. Street. Orphanage. Soon my youth will be over." "I don't know. Every night at the orphanage from the first to the ninth grade, I would cry at night into the pillow. It was so painful. I saw how some children had parents who came to see them. How they were happy.I couldn't imagine such a life for myself. When I did imagine, I cried to myself under the pillow. Honestly, it's so painful without parents.I wouldn't want to wish anyone to live without parents.I'm only thankful to my mum that she gave birth to me. That she didn't abort me..... what else can I say about my life?"

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.  James 1:27


We hear you Jesus. We hear you.






No comments:

Post a Comment